Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Family Heirloom Vignette

I just saw Beth's Ready Set Vignette Party and had to grab my camera and take a few pics of my latest vignettes to add. I REALLY, REALLY wish I had a great camera but that's not going to be in my budget anytime soon so please forgive the LOUSY pics! 


This was my grandmother's writing desk.  I'm not crazy about the color, but I haven't figured out what I want to change it to.  Ironically, she was antiquing and distressing her furniture back in the 60's & 70's before it was popular. Anyway, I just took down Easter decor and wanted something summery (we're already using the swimming pools here! )




The opera glasses were a christmas present to my great-grandmother in 1898.  The other object is a victorian vaporizer - how did they use those around kids without buring the house down?!



The bowl is filled with shells and post cards that belonged to my grandmother who lived on the coast most of her life. 

Anyway, it makes me smile and remember that precious lady everytime I pass it. Thanks Beth for the Party!

1 comment:

  1. I adore vignettes that are filled with beauty, history, sentiment, and meaning! Yours has it all. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete